FAQ: Are there ways to get help paying my rent?

FAQ: Are there ways to get help paying my rent?
March 13, 2023
by staff 0

One of the most frequently asked questions is ‘Are there ways to get help paying my rent?’, and while the term “Assisted Living Community” unfortunately does not mean assistance with living expenses such as rent or care costs, there are opportunities for rental assistance at Sonnet Hill Senior Living.

Long Term Care Insurance (LTCI):
Long-term care involves the assistance or supervision you may need when you are not able to do some of the basic “activities of daily living” (ADLs) which are, generally, eating, continence, bathing, dressing or moving from a bed to a chair. Other people may need long-term care because of mental deterioration, called “cognitive impairment” that can be caused by Alzheimer’s Disease, other mental illness or brain disorders.  Sonnet Hill Senior Living provides both levels of care for assistance with ADLs and Memory Care.
The California Department of Aging publishes a booklet on long-term care called “Taking Care of Tomorrow” that provides more in-depth information on a broad spectrum of long-term care issues.
Veteran’s Aid and Attendance Benefits:
For our families that have served in the military, the Veteran and their spouse are entitled to benefits that may assist with monthly rental rates.  VA Aid and Attendance or Housebound benefits provide monthly payments added to the amount of a monthly VA pension for qualified Veterans and their surviving spouses.
CLICK HERE to see if you qualify: www.VA.gov
Graphic: 2023 is the Year of the Rabbit which signifies hope, resilience and optimism. In the spirit of The Year of the Rabbit, these two gov programs give us hope and optimism, contributing to the resilience of our residence….its actually quite poetic. 
Share us on:

Add your Comment